Presented below is a composite list of Art. 16 cases reporting these UNCITRAL Digest cases and other Art. 16 cases. All cases are listed in chronological sequence, commencing with the most recent. Asterisks identify the cases cited in the 2008 and 2012 UNCITRAL Digests, commencing with the 9 April 2008 citation reported below. Cases are coded to the UNCITRAL Thesaurus.
English texts and full-text English translations of cases are provided as indicated. In most instances researchers can also access UNCITRAL abstracts and link to Unilex abstracts and full-text original-language case texts sourced from Internet websites and other data, including commentaries by scholars to the extent available.
There are scholars who believe that there are circumstances in which the UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts may be used to interpret or supplement this Article of the CISG. See match-up of this Article with counterpart provisions of the Principles and commentary on this subject. To the extent this reasoning fits, cases on the counterpart provisions of the UNIDROIT Principles may be relevant. To the extent available, such cases may be found on the Unilex website.
Spain 15 July 2010 Audiencia Provincial de Murcia (Crane case) 16A ; 16B [translation available]
United States 26 March 2009 U.S. District Court [Ohio] (Miami Valley Paper, LLC v. Lebbing Engineering & Consulting GmbH)
Greece 2009 Decision 4505/2009 of the Multi-Member Court of First Instance of Athens (Bullet proof vest case) [editorial analysis available]
* Slovenia 9 April 2008 Appellate Court Lujubljana 16A
Germany 10 November 2006 Oberlandesgericht [Appellate Court] Dresden (Meat case) [translation available]
* Denmark 3 May 2006 Højesteret [Supreme Court] (Casting moulds case)
Germany 28 April 2006 Landgericht [District Court] Dresden (Meat case)
Canada 28 October 2005 Superior Court of Justice, Ontario (Chateau des Charmes Ltd v. Sabaté USA Inc. et al.)
Austria 23 March 2005 Oberlandesgericht [Appellate Court] Linz (Conveyor band case)
* United States 21 August 2002 Federal District Court [New York] (Geneva Pharmaceuticals Tech. Corp. v. Barr Labs. Inc.)
* United States 10 May 2002 U.S. District Court [Southern Dist. NY] (Geneva Pharmaceuticals Tech. Corp. v. Barr Labs. Inc.) 16B ; 16C
Germany 2 September 1998 Oberlandesgericht [Appellate Court] Celle [translation available]
* Germany 28 February 1996 Landgericht [District Court] Oldenburg (Egg case) [translation available]
Germany 9 June 1995 Oberlandesgericht [Appellate Court] Hamm [translation available]
Germany 23 May 1995 Oberlandesgericht [Appellate Court] Frankfurt
* Austria 15 June 1994 Vienna Arbitration award SCH-4318 [translation available]